Southern Fried Karma & affiliates is looking for a PR Intern!
It’s a paid remote position, 15 hours per week. The Public Relation/Marketing Intern will work remotely and report to the Publisher.
About the job:
- Mandatory availability Monday and Tuesday from 2pm-4pm ET, remaining hours flexible
- Great for current students working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in English
- Minimum six-month commitment beginning July 2020
- Starting salary of $120 per week with potential to grow into editorial positions in our publishing imprints or online literary magazine
- Support marketing activities, including securing pre-launch book reviews, liaising with authors and independent booksellers for in-store events, and scheduling author appearances at book festivals, writing workshops, and literary conferences
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe graphic design and WordPress
- Experience with Mailchimp and maintaining customer databases
- Fluency, both on the web and mobile, with social media platforms as trade tools not diversions and can measure social media efforts with analytics.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multi-project management
- Strong communication skills and process-building abilities
- Excellent independent time management and organizational skills
If this sounds like you, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.